Whether you are an aspiring video editor or independent professional bringing your next story to life—this is for you!
The new Media Composer. Completely reimagined for what you need today and tomorrow, while maintaining everything you know and love about the Emmy®, Oscar®, and ACE Eddie award-winning tool that started it all. Experience all the new capabilities the minute they're ready.
Edit at the speed of imagination. Reimagined to inspire creative video editing through a more intuitive interface and an enhanced user experience.
See & use only the tools you need
Reduce clutter and access the tools you need when you need them with task-oriented workspaces (editing, coloring, effects, and audio).
Edit at the speed of imagination
Tell your story quickly with fluid timeline editing and tools that support your creativity.
Manage massive amounts of media
New intuitive ways to organize, display, and access your content for greater control.
Visually navigate content
Find that perfect take or media faster than ever with new bin mapping and navigation.
Easily manage metadata
Create, edit, or view metadata for any clip or sequence in a bin with the new Inspector Tool.
Finish & Deliver
Finish with pristine quality with total color precision and interoperability using the new 32-bit full float color pipeline. Deliver industry-standard IMF (Interoperable Master Format) packaging for OTT and other production companies.
Maximum finishing capabilities
New 32-bit full floating point pipeline ensures pristine-quality content when roundtripping any hi-res, HDR color data as well as effects processing.
Ahead of the curve with ACES Support
The first video editor to join the ACES (Academy Color Encoding System) Logo Program under the new Editorial Finishing product category, working towards an ACES ready workflow.
Compatible with OpenEXR, an industry-standard finishing format, which improves interoperability workflows and reduces complexity.
Work uncompressed efficiently
Avid’s 32-bit DNxUncompressed format enables you to work with camera originals and apply render color corrections and VFX while maintaining the full bit depth of the media.
IMF packaging support for ingest & delivery
Either ingest or deliver IMF (Interoperable Master Format) packages—a standard interchange format for OTT specifications and requirements.
Avid Joins Netflix’s Post Technology Alliance
Being part of the Post Technology Alliance ensures Media Composer will meet Netflix’s high-quality technical and delivery specifications.
Go further with Media Composer | Ultimate
Need to work together as a team in a post-production, news, or other media environment? Media Composer | Ultimate (formerly Media Composer) provides all the same editing tools as Media Composer, plus extended workflows for real-time collaboration.
Here are some key advantages that Media Composer | Ultimate offers over Media Composer:
- Share bins and projects with other Media Composer and MediaCentral editors, loggers, and assistants Collaborate locally and remotely with editors, journalists, producers, and other content contributors across the MediaCentral environment
- Access, edit, and share media stored on Avid NEXIS and other MediaCentral-managed storage systems, no matter where you or the assets reside
- Find the right clips fast by simply typing a word or phrase with the Media Composer | PhraseFind Option, included
- Find the best takes in seconds for every line of dialog in a script with the Media Composer | ScriptSync Option, included
- Get access to advanced and secondary color correction tools and Universal Mastering with the Media Composer | Symphony Option, included
- Integrate with MediaCentral | Newsroom Management, iNEWS, and other ENPS for streamlined news editing with the Media Composer | NewsCutter Option, included (Windows only)
With this Media Composer | Ultimate option you get updates and standard support for a year.