When an editor has to wait for technology, creativity suffers. That doesnâ€™t happen with EDIUS Pro 8. EDIUS Pro 8 means more formats and more resolutions in real time for the ability to Edit Anything, Fast. EDIUS Pro 8 is the perfect finishing tool for professional productions, including documentary and 4K theatrical productions. With more creative options and real-time, no-render editing of all popular SD, HD and even 4K formats, EDIUS Pro 8 is THE most versatile and fastest nonlinear editing software available.
EDIUS Pro 8 from Grass Valley, a Belden Brand, gives you real-time editing of multiple formats and framerates all on the same timeline. That means you can edit fasterâ€¦ and make the time to be more creative.
More Formats, Better Workflows
EDIUS Pro 8 includes native support for all commonly used file formats, including Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2 and Canon XF and EOS movie formats. For post- roduction work you can use Grass Valleyâ€™s high performance intermediate 10-bit codec, HQX, and there is an option available to add the Avid DNxHD codec (included is standard in the Workgroup version). Where EDIUS Pro 8 really shines, however, is with its fast and comprehensive implementation of newer file formats, for example Sony XAVC (Intra/ Long GOP)/XAVC S, Panasonic AVC-Ultra, and Canon XF-AVC. With EDIUS Pro 8, youâ€™ll always be able to edit, whatever format comes your way.
You Buy It, You Keep It â€” No Subscription Fees
Unlike other NLE software providers, Grass Valley believes that you should own what you pay for. With EDIUS Pro 8, there are no ongoing subscription fees.When you purchase EDIUS Pro 8, you get a permanent license with free updates throughout the life of EDIUS Pro 8.x. Plus, you can install EDIUS Pro 8 on two machines, soyou can have it with you on your laptop (using proxy mode on a less powerful notebook, if needed), as well on a more powerful desktop machine. That way, youcan take your edit suite on location with you.
64-bit & 4K
Designed as a native 64-bit application for Windows7 and Windows 8/8.1, EDIUS Pro 8 takes full advantage of up to 512 GB system memory (for Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise and Professional) or up to 192 GB (for Windows 7 Ultimate, Enterprise, and Professional) for super-intensive media operations, especially layering, 3D, multicam and multi-track 4K editing.
EDIUS Pro 8 is optimized for Intelâ€™s Quick Sync Video, a feature of all current Core processors (Core i7, Core i5 and Core i3) and especially useful for video editing because it significantly accelerates MPEG-2 and H.264 encoding. EDIUS Pro 8 has been further enhanced to use Intel Quick Sync Video for H.264 decoding to give you super-smooth H.264 playback, including 4K.
- Superior 4K workflow, including support for Blackmagic Designâ€™s Deck- Link 4K Extreme, Ultra Studio 4K, AJA KONA 3G (preview only) and EDL or AAF import/export with Grass Valley HQX with DaVinci Resolve 11
- Supports third-party I/O hardware from Blackmagic Design, Matrox and AJA
- Edit media files with different resolutions â€” from 24x24 to 4Kx2K Real-time conversion of frame rates on the same timeline delivers more efficient editing into the hands of editors
- Fast, flexible user interface, including unlimited video, audio, title and graphics tracks
- Support for the latest file formats â€” Sony XAVC (Intra/Long GOP)/XAVC S, Panasonic AVC-Ultra/AVC-Intra 4K 422 and Canon XF-AVC (import only)
- Work natively with many different video formats, including Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2, Ikegami GF, RED, Canon XF and EOS movie formats
- Fastest AVCHD editing on the market (up to 3+ streams in real time)
- Multicam editing of up to 16 different sources simultaneously, with video output support
- Improved MPEG decoder and encoder
- Improved H.264/AVC decoder and encoder (for fast encoding of 4K XAVC)
- Accelerated 4K H.264 playback
- Optimized for fourth-generation Intel Core i architecture
- New GUI design for faster workflows
- 64-bit native processing with maximum memory access for streamlined real-time editing
- Proxy mode workflow for legacy computers helps extend their usability and increase ROI
- Supports Intel Quick Sync Video for extremely fast H.264 export (for Blu-ray Disc burning)
- Fast handling of large quantities of still image files (JPG, TGA, DPX and others)
- 3D stereoscopic editing
- Built-in image stabilization
- Direct to Blu-ray Disc and DVD timeline export